Get Ready to Graduate -
What should you do now?
- Complete your Community Service Hours
- Review your status sheet to ensure you have completed all graduation requirements (see Student Services if there is a concern)
- Be aware of important dates and deadlines!
- Fill out and submit your Grad Awards Application
- Research programs, pre-requisites, jobs, apprenticeships for next year
- Check your OUAC/OCAS account regularly for updates and offers of admission
To earn an Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) you must:
- Earn 30 credits including 18 compulsory and 12 electives
- Pass the Grade 10 Literacy Test or Complete the Ontario Literacy Course
- Complete 40 hours of community involvement activities
To apply to an Ontario College:
- Earn an Ontario Secondary School Diploma
- Earn any prerequisite courses specific to the college program
- Apply online through OCAS at ontariocolleges.ca
- Complete and pay for application - check OCAS for due dates and cost than February 1, 2017 to have equal consideration for program (application fee is $95.00 for five choices)
- Review your status sheet (students will need the OEN number which is found on the status sheet for application purposes)
To apply to an Ontario University:
- Earn an OSSD
- Complete a minimum of six Grade 12 courses at the U and/or M level (including prerequisites). The minimum average of these 6 courses should be 70%, although many programs will require a higher average.
- Get your PIN (password) from Student Services in late November
- Apply online through OUAC at www.ouac.on.ca
- Complete and pay for application - check due dates. Application fee is $140.00 for three choices – additional choices are $47.00 each
To enter the World of Work
- Update your Resume
- Practice interviewing skills
- Check web-sites, attend job fairs
- Get out there and network
To take an Apprenticeship Meet with your Guidance Counselor or Co-op Teacher to discuss the Ontario Youth Apprenticeship Program (OYAP) where students earn high school credits and hours towards their apprenticeships in a trade.